Saturday, November 14, 2009

Arden Wohl Failed Her Driving Test

Arden Wohl Failed Her Driving Test: "

Name: Arden Wohl

Age: 26

Neighborhood: West Village

Occupation: I make films and I am going to Culinary School to study classic pastry arts



Who's your favorite New Yorker, living or dead, real or fictional?

Stefan Bondell. He is a living painter.



What's the best meal you've eaten in New York?

That is a hard one! Either the Jungle Curry at Sripraphai in Queens or the squid 'pasta' from WD~50.



In one sentence, what do you actually do all day in your job?

I shoot footage, write, and cook.


Would you still live here on a $35,000 salary?

Of course. I love New York so much.



What's the last thing you saw on Broadway?

Hair — Karole Armitage does the choreography.



Do you give money to panhandlers?

Yes.



What's your drink?

Soda water and bitters with lime.



How often do you prepare your own meals?

Every day.



What's your favorite medication?

The nitrous oxide they give you at the dentist.



What's hanging above your sofa?

A Hanna Liden photograph.



How much is too much to spend on a haircut?

I don't have a 'haircut,' so for me no more than $60. Some people may need to spend more if it is very complicated.



When's bedtime?

These days it is midnight.



Which do you prefer, the old Times Square or the new Times Square?

Have you ever seen the documentary Doing Time in Times Square?



What do you think of Donald Trump?

He's aware of the media in a very modern way.



What do you hate most about living in New York?

The cold. I have lived here all of my life and it just keeps getting worse for me!



Who is your mortal enemy?

I don't have an enemy that I know of.



When's the last time you drove a car?

When I failed my road test.



How has the Wall Street crash affected you?

I stopped drinking alcohol!!!



Times, Post, or Daily News?

Times.



Where do you go to be alone?

The Hudson River.



What makes someone a New Yorker?

Being able to survive here.





Arden Wohl is an honorary chairman for Tibet House U.S.’s 7th Annual Benefit Auction, happening next Wednesday at Christie’s.



Read more posts by Vanita Salisbury

Filed Under: 21 questions, arden wohl



"
blog comments powered by Disqus
Extended Stay Hotels